Best Electric Hot Water Kettles | Pot Says Kettle
Reviews of the best electric water kettles for tea, coffee, or other uses.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
However, there are some times where an electric water kettle just won't get the job done. I've found that some drinks like brewing gyokuro green tea or making a great cup of kona coffee requires specialized equipment or at the very least a thermometer. The problem is that the water coming from an electric kettle usually ends up either being too hot, close to boiling, or not hot enough. This unpredictability can result in a bland cup of tea or coffee or a scorched bitter brew. The solution is of course to use specialized electric perk coffee makers.
The great thing about having a separate machine for brewing coffee is that the coffee flavor will be preserved and extracted to the best of it's natural ability. A coffee maker will extract the right flavors and oils at the correct temperatures so you'll get the best tasting cup of coffee possible. Now of course the taste of your cup of joe will depend on what type of coffee beans you use to brew your coffee. An expensive blend of Kona or Ethiopian or a delicious cup of Pinon Coffee will taste better than your run of the mill grocery store Maxwell House or Folgers ground coffee, but an electric coffee maker makes brewing the perfect cup of coffee that much easier.
Also, cleanup is easy and won't contaminate your water. This way you'll have a great tasting cup of coffee without worrying about a rancid coffee taste in your tea or hot water.
Monday, July 24, 2006
This is my absolute dream electric hot water kettle. Not only is this an electric hot water dispenser from Zojirushi, but it has a large 74 oz. capacity and it has multiple (perfect) temperature settings of 140, 195, and 208 degrees farenheit with a reboil option at 212 degrees F.
The Zojirushi Zutto Micom Electric Dispensing Pot also has the standard safety features like a locking top and auto shutoff, but what really settles it for me is the electric tea pot's small small footprint of only 11 1/4" x 8 1/2" x 10" and stylish design.
- Large capacity of 7.4 oz (2.2 liters).
- Three temperature settings for all your tea and coffee brewing and noodle cooking needs.
- Stylish design with clean lines.
- Dechlorination and descaling functions.
- Removable cord and 360 degree swivel base.
- Keeps water warm at a selected temperature.
- Easy to read LCD monitor and water level indicator.
- Good insulation which keeps water warm without using lots of electricity while the outside of the unit remains cool or warm to the touch.
- Timer function means you'll be able to wake up and come home to tea/coffee ready water.
- Nonstick (not teflon) interior makes cleaning easy.
- None at all, though this is a pricier electric water kettle.
Technorati Tags: zojirushi, electric teapot, water kettle, tea, brew
Friday, July 21, 2006
Find out at newsday.
Technorati Tags: kettle, whistle, physics
Monday, July 17, 2006
The Capresso 259.04 H2O Plus electric hot water kettle is made of German heat resistant glass and has easy to see ounce markings. The Capresso's elegant glass kettle design allows you to see the water as it bubbles and boils and the handle lights up with the glow of a blue light, making this a great conversational piece while you're waiting for the water to boil.
The cordless electric tea pot is removable from the heating base and the heating element is completely concealed. This hot water kettle offers a 1 1/2 quart capacity and an auto shutoff safety feature. The Capresso hot water pot has a small footprint of just 6 1/4" x 8" making this a good looking choice for a desktop electric hot water dispenser.
- Visually stimulating design of see through glass and light up handle.
- Boils water quickly for brewing the perfect cup of coffee or black tea.
- Very small footprint so the Capresso kettle would be perfect for office desks or dorm rooms.
- Kettle is detachable and swivels 360 degrees from the heating base.
- The electric kettle is cordless for easy pouring.
- Small capacity of 1 1/2 quarts (1.42 liters).
- Can only bring water to a boil, no temperature settings.
- A bit on the expensive side in comparison to other electric water kettles that offer the same functions.
Technorati Tags: electric tea kettle, cordless, tea, coffee, Capresso
Wednesday, July 12, 2006
- Separates from heating element.
- Small footprint of 9 1/5" X 7 5/9" so this would be a perfect office kettle.
- Visible water level indicator.
- Ergonomic non-slip handle.
- Perfect as an electric tea kettle as long as you're not making green or white teas.
- Perfect for french press coffee.
- Auto shutoff safety feature prevents the unit from boiling dry.
- Very small capacity of just 7 cups.
- Only boils water, there's no automatic temperature presets.
Sunday, July 09, 2006
This is a very stylish polished stainless steel tea pot by Chef's Choice. The Chef's Choice 685 International Deluxe Cordless electric tea kettle has a capacity of 1 1/3 quarts (1.5 liters) and brings water to a boil faster than a microwave. The hot water kettle swivels 360 degrees and is removable from the base for easy pouring and cleaning. Chef's Choice has made this electric tea pot with an auto shut off function to prevent the unit from boiling dry. The electric hot water kettle has a very small 9.4"x8.4" footprint so it's perfect for offices and dorm rooms.
- Very stylish mirror finish and curved design.
- Kettle detaches from base for easy pouring and clean up.
- Interior is stainless steel so plastic does not come in contact with hot water.
- Heating element is completely concealed.
- Small size makes this kettle perfect for desks and dorm rooms.
- Expensive for the amount of functions offered.
- No timers, safety locks, or temperature slecvtion functions.
- Very small capacity so this kettle will have to be refilled often.
This electronic hot water kettle has a capacity of 3.2 quarts (about 3.0 liters) and also has three temperature settings, 140 F, 185 F, 208 F. The 140 F setting is perfect for white or green teas and the 185 F and 208 F settings are perfect for black teas and coffee. The Panasonic NC-EM30P electric kettle has a footprint of 8.5"x11" so it may be a bit big for an office desktop kettle. Together with its large 3.0 liter capacity, this hot water pot would be perfect for the whole family.
The Panasonic hot water kettle requires 27 minutes to initially boil the water and afterwards the thermal tea pot automatically keeps the water warm at one of the temperature settings. As this is a quality product from Panasonic, changing the temperature settings and dispensing water is simply a button press away. The kettle offers a boil, reboil, and 6 hour timer function so you'll always be able to wake up to a hot cup of coffee or tea while an auto shut off feature ensures that the unit will never boil dry.
The electric hot water pot has a 360 degree swivel base for easy access in crowded areas. The top opens fully and the interior is nonstick for easy clean up. The unit has a handle on the top and the power cord is removable for portability and easy storage. There is a safety lock available so little hands can't get scorched by the hot water. A large easy to read water level indicator is on the front of the pot. Panasonic offers a 1 year warranty.
- Three temperature settings for white, green, black, herbal teas as well as coffee, cooking noodles, and preparing baby formula.
- Keeps water warm at a preset temperatue so you'll never have to wait for the water to heat up after the intial warm up.
- Safety lock disables dispenser so kids won't get burnt.
- Swivel base offers easy access.
- Large capacity means less refills and constant supply of hot water.
- Nonstick interior means easy clean up of mineral buildup.
- Costs less than Zojirushi models with the same temperature functions.
Here's another no fuss workhorse hot water kettle. The Flama Stainless Steel Electric Kettle has a capacity of 1.8 liters and brings water to a full boil quickly and quietly. The sleek stainless steel kettle and black plastic base blends is stylish enough for any office or kitchen. The stainless steel kettle is removable from the base for easy cordless pouring. An auto shutoff feature ensures that the heater shuts off 15 seconds after the water starts boiling.
- Small, sleek, and stylish design.
- Stainless Steel Kettle, so no heated plastic elements come in contact with the water.
- Removable cordless kettle.
- Quickly and quietly brings water to a boil.
- Concealed heating element.
- Small and compact 8" diameter base.
- Average capacity of 1.8 liters, which is adequate for all but the most avid tea drinkers.
- Boils water for a perfectly brewed cup of black tea or coffee, also cooks noodles and oatmeal.
- Only brings water to a boil, no water temperature selection levels available.
This little electric tea kettle is an economical solution to brewing tea or cooking instant noodles at your work desk or dorm room. This Proctor Silex K2070 1-Quart Automatic Electric Kettle has a 1.0 liter capacity and has base measurements of 9 1/6" by 5".
The power cord is also detachable, making this a perfect travel companion. There is a water level indicator and auto shut off/boil-dry protection feature. The Proctor Silex automatic electric tea pot comes protected with a 180 day warranty. If you are looking for a bargain and don't need fancy water temperature and timer settings then this is the right hot water kettle for you.
The electric kettle brings water to a full boil so you can brew strong cups of coffee and black tea, cook noodles, or make oatmeal. For green and white tea, just pour out a cup of boiling water and transfer the water back and forth between several cups to bring the water to the right temperature. In any case, even without auto temperature settings, this still beats boiling water in a pot.
- The Proctor Silex K2070 is affordable.
- Very small footprint, perfect for crowded desks or small dorm rooms.
- Boils water quickly.
- Visible water level monitor.
- Top locks in so there's no risk of spilling hot water.
- Detachable power cord for easy pouring.
- Only brings water to a full boil, no auto temperature levels.
- Small capacity of 1.0 liter. May need to be refilled often depending on level of use.
- No water dispenser button. Have to lift up kettle to pour water.